30 minute 2 seater Flying Lesson
About the experience
There is a school and aeroclub located at Carlisle Airport, which is run by a family. They offer three different options for exciting flying lessons. You can choose between two types of aircraft - a two-seater Robin or a four-seater Piper Warrior - depending on the voucher you select. The flying lessons are conducted by expert instructors led by the Chief Flying Instructor (CFI), examiner, and owner, Alan Rayson. Alan has many years of experience in flying and has a great passion for teaching. He started this school with his wife, Helen, because he loves his job so much! On the day of your flight, you'll be warmly welcomed by the operations team. You'll then receive a brief introduction to the light aircraft you'll be flying in, followed by your designated lesson instructor at Carlisle. They will help you get into the cockpit and run through pre-flight checks. After completing all the necessary preparations, you'll taxi along the tarmac runway, gain speed, and before you know it, the nose of the aircraft will lift up and you'll be smoothly climbing, with the beautiful Cumbrian countryside falling away beneath you. All of the aircraft used for flying lessons are equipped with dual controls. Once the aircraft reaches a stable altitude, you will take control of the aircraft while being supervised by your instructor. In normal weather conditions, the flying altitude is approximately 2000 feet above Carlisle. Depending on the length of your lesson, you may have the opportunity to fly over breathtaking sights such as Hadrian's Wall, the Solway Coast, and the stunning Lake District.
- Take off from Carlisle Airport
- Cruise at 2000ft over the local sights and coast
- Visit the Solway Aviation Museum on site
- A friendly small family run centre
- This voucher is for a 30 minute flight in a two seater aircraft
- Trial flying lesson in a 2-seater Robin or 4-seater Warrior aircraft
- 30 and 60 minute flights are available
- Welcome, introduction and pre-flight briefing
- Your pilot will fly you out of the airfield before giving you the chance to take the controls yourself
- Minimum age is 14
- Maximum height is 6'4"
- Maximum weight is 14 stone for 2 seater aircraft
- 4 seater flights allow an additional guest (at pilots discretion) to accompany you on the flight, observing from the rear seat
- The maximum weight for a 4 seater flight is 25 stone (split if additional guests accompany)
- Photographic ID may be requested
- Flights take place on weekends and weekdays throughout the year, weather permitting
- Dates and session times are subject to availability
- Vouchers must be booked and redeemed within 6 months of the purchase date at this venue
Minimum Age: 14 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 195.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 88.90 kg
- Dogs are not permitted on site
- Spectators are welcome
- There is a Cafe at the airfield
- Nearby pubs can be recommended by the flying school
- Framed photos of the experience can be purchased from the school for an additional charge
- The airport is also home to the Solway Aviation Museum which has a number of aircraft on display
Other experiences you may like
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
- 1.Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
- 2.Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
- 3.Remaining payments are taken automatically.