30 minute 4 Seater Flying Lesson
About the experience
Located at Carlisle Airport, a family-run school and aeroclub offers three flight options for an exhilarating flying lesson in a small and friendly environment. During your training, you can choose between two-seater Robin aircraft or a four-seater Piper Warrior, depending on the voucher you purchase. The training will be provided by skilled instructors, led by Chief Flying Instructor (CFI), examiner, and owner Alan Rayson. With his extensive experience of flying thousands of hours, Alan started his own school in Carlisle with his wife Helen, due to his passion for teaching. On the day of your flight, the Carlisle operations team will warmly welcome you. Your designated lesson instructor will then introduce you to the light aircraft you'll be flying in. They will help you get into the cockpit and go through the pre-flight checks with you. Once everything is set, you'll taxi along the tarmac runway, increase the speed, and before you know it, the nose of the aircraft will lift up, and you'll be smoothly climbing with the beautiful Cumbrian countryside beneath you. All of the aircraft used during the lesson are equipped with dual controls, so once the plane is stable, you will take control under the supervision of your instructor. Typically, in normal weather conditions, you'll cruise at around 2000ft over Carlisle. Depending on the duration of your lesson, you might have the opportunity to fly over incredible sights such as Hadrian's Wall, the Solway Coast, and the stunning Lake District. In essence, if you take your flying lessons at Carlisle, it's a great airport to fly from, and this school is one of the friendliest you'll find in the Cumbria area.
- Take off from Carlisle Airport
- Cruise at 2000ft over the local sights and coast
- Visit the Solway Aviation Museum on site
- A friendly small family run centre
- This voucher is for a 30 minute flight in a four seater aircraft
- Trial flying lesson in a 2-seater Robin or 4-seater Warrior aircraft
- 30 and 60 minute flights are available
- Welcome, introduction and pre-flight briefing
- Your pilot will fly you out of the airfield before giving you the chance to take the controls yourself
- Minimum age is 14
- Maximum height is 6'4"
- Maximum weight is 14 stone for 2 seater aircraft
- 4 seater flights allow an additional guest (at pilots discretion) to accompany you on the flight, observing from the rear seat
- The maximum weight for a 4 seater flight is 25 stone (split if additional guests accompany)
- Photographic ID may be requested
- Flights take place on weekends and weekdays throughout the year, weather permitting
- Dates and session times are subject to availability
- Vouchers must be booked and redeemed within 6 months of the purchase date at this venue
Minimum Age: 14 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 195.00 cm
- Dogs are not permitted on site
- Spectators are welcome
- There is a Cafe at the airfield
- Nearby pubs can be recommended by the flying school
- Framed photos of the experience can be purchased from the school for an additional charge
- The airport is also home to the Solway Aviation Museum which has a number of aircraft on display
Other experiences you may like
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
- 1.Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
- 2.Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
- 3.Remaining payments are taken automatically.