4 Seater 30 Minute Flying Lesson
About the experience
Looking to take to the skies and experience the thrill of flying? Look no further than Cranfield Airport, located just 45 minutes away from London. Our flight training school offers an opportunity to earn your Private Pilot's License (PPL) and is also a club for members. Cranfield Airport has a rich aviation history dating back to 1937 when it became the home of Bomber Squadrons, Night Flight Training, and the Royal Air Force. Today, it also serves as a base for Cranfield University. Our friendly team is always eager to help you get in the air, and we offer flights in both two-seater and four-seater aeroplanes from this historic airfield. Our one-to-one lessons are led by a CAA-licensed instructor, who will join you onboard. The lessons are preceded by a pre-flight briefing on safety and control, and we offer vouchers for 30 and 60-minute flying lessons. During the lesson, you'll be equipped with a headset that enables you to communicate with your instructor and listen to Air Traffic Control, providing you with a real insight into the airport's operations. After takeoff, you will have the opportunity to take control of the plane and fly it yourself. You will begin by maintaining the aircraft's level flight path and progress from there. All experiences follow the CAA training programme to ensure a proper pilot's lesson. Cranfield Airport is a lively General Aviation airfield that offers an exciting opportunity to experience a trial flying lesson. Book your lesson today and let us help you fulfil your dreams of flying.
- 30 and 60 minute flying lessons offered
- Fly from historic Cranfield Airport
- Take off on long, wide tarmac runways
- This voucher is for a 4 seater, 30 minute lesson
- A trial flying lesson in either a two seater Cessna 152 or four seater Cessna 172 aircraft
- Welcome, introduction and pre-flight safety briefing
- One-to-one tuition from a CAA licensed instructor
- Choose from 30 or 60 minute flight duration
- Opportunity to take the controls during your flight
- Flying time will count towards a Private Pilots license
- Minimum age is 14
- Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
Four Seater Restrictions
- Maximum weight 16 stone
- Maximum height 6ft 3ins
- Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
- Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
Minimum Age: 14 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 185.42 cm
Maximum Weight: 88.90 kg
- Flight times quoted include taxing and landing
- Friends and family are welcome to watch
- Spectators can take photos and videos of the take off and landing
- If booking a four seater experience an interested observer may fly with you for an additional charge (payable when booking your date) at the discretion of the pilot
Other experiences you may like
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
- 1.Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
- 2.Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
- 3.Remaining payments are taken automatically.