Steam Train Cream Tea for Two - Special Offer
About the experience
You and your loved one, family member or friend's next visit to the East Somerset Railway combines two of the best things about the West Country: cream tea and a heritage railway ride through the visually stunning Mendip Hills! Sometimes the simplest things in life bring the simplest pleasures, and a cream tea in the luxe surroundings of a vintage railway dining carriage on board the Mendip Belle, with beautiful countryside views all around you, has to rank very highly. You'll board the 15:30pm Mendip Belle service departing from Cranmore station. As you ease into your soft comfy chair, you'll get to enjoy freshly baked plain scones with butter, jam and clotted cream, and a freshly brewed pot of tea or coffee. Your other stops along the route of your journey will include Cranmore West, Merryfield Lane Halt, whilst Mendip Vale marks the end of the line, where the engine will uncouple from the coaches and run around to the opposite end, ready for the return journey back to Cranmore. This takes approximately 15 minutes, so you'll have ample time to finish off your tea, step off, take photos or videos and appreciate the picturesque scenery all around. And your tickets also allow you to ride any other scheduled services before your booked Cream Tea train departure, as well as the opportunity to visit the engine sheds and the workshops. So if you're after the ideal package for Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Father's Day or any other special occasion for a loved one, it's time to climb aboard the East Somerset Railway's Cream Tea service!
- Cream tea served on the Mendip Belle
- Travel 5 miles on the steam hauled train
- Visit the engine shed, workshop etc
- Ride other scheduled trains during the day
- Steam hauled round trip along the East Somerset Railway line
- Enjoy a traditional cream tea travelling through the rolling hills of Somerset in the first class dining carriage
- Scones are served with local clotted cream, butter and strawberry jam with a pot of tea (coffee also available)
- Opportunity to visit the Engine Shed and Workshop and other points of interest around the railway
- In addition to your cream tea train, guests are welcome to travel on earlier trains as well for no additional charge
- Under 17s must be accompanied by a participating adult
- Not suitable for spectators
- Selected weekdays and weekends usually from April to October
- Cream tea trains depart at 15:30pm
- Dates are subject to availability
- Due to popularity it is recommended you book well in advance to avoid disappointment
Current 2024 Schedule
- May 4th, 8th, 11th, 15th, 18th, 22nd and 25th
- June 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th, 27th and 29th
- July 11th, 13th, 18th, 20th, 25th and 27th
- September 4th, 7th, 14th, 21st, 25th and 29th
- October 5th, 13th, 16th, 19th and 26th
- Gluten free scones also available but need to be specified at time of booking
Other experiences you may like
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
- 1.Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
- 2.Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
- 3.Remaining payments are taken automatically.