RYA Level One - Start Sailing
About the experience
Willen Lakes is a perfect location to give Sailing a go. Despite being on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, it still offers a relaxing and beautiful spot to give a new water sport a go with this Sailing Session. Your RYA Level One - Start Sailing sailing lesson will last 2 days, so plenty of time to get to grips with the sailing. An experienced and qualified instructor will teach you the basics of sailing a dinghy and most importantly, how to steer! You will cover topics such as personal safety, slipping and coming alongside, sailing theory, dinghy handling under sail and water safety. All the equipment will be provided by the centre so no need to bring anything other than enthusiasm to give it a go. By the end of the 2 days you will be confident on the lake. So what are you waiting for? Get out on the water by booking your 2 day, RYA Level 1- Start Sailing session on TrackDays.
- Learn to sail at Willen Lakes in Milton Keynes
- A 2 day course available
- Sailing Laser Pico or Laser Bahia dinghies
- No previous sailing experience necessary
- RYA Level 1-Start Sailing
- Two day RYA sailing course (generally 09:00-17:00 each day)
- Learn the basics of sailing a dinghy
- Topics covered: Personal safety, slipping and coming alongside, sailing theory, dinghy handling under sail and water safety
- By the end of the course you will have a basic understanding of dinghy handling under sail as well as relevant background knowledge
- You will form part of a group of up to 6 participants
Minimum Age: 8 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
- Sessions are available from April - Mid October
- Selected weekend dates throughout the year
- Dates are subject to availability
- Spectators are welcome
Other experiences you may like
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
- 1.Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
- 2.Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
- 3.Remaining payments are taken automatically.