2 Day RYA Powerboat Course in Sussex
About the experience
A two-day course at Brighton Marina where you will learn to how to handle a powerful 90hp RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) at high and low speeds. Once completed, you will automatically qualify for the International Certificate of Competence which will allow you to hire and drive RIBS both in the UK and when abroad on holiday. The two-day course begins with manoeuvring the RIB in and around the Brighton Marina area to get a feel for the boat, its layout and controls. With up to two other cadets and the instructor, you'll then head out into the Channel for an afternoon of high-speed boat handling, as well as learning procedures such as how to recover a man overboard. Next comes some theory, including passage planning by piloting the RIB to Shoreham-by-Sea, along the coast from Brighton. You will receive high-speed navigation and handling instruction on the second day that is based on locating yellow racing buoys at sea. Additionally, the teacher will take you up the River Adur so you may practise docking and boat handling in severe tides. The course ends with a lap of honour where you can showcase your newly acquired talents. Over the course of the two days, you'll learn everything there is to know about boating, from the exhilaration of high-speed manoeuvres to the satisfaction of securing the boat to a tricky mooring. The school uses both RIBs with outboard motors and sports boats with inboard motors, and you'll be trained by RYA-certified instructors who will demonstrate exactly how quick and manoeuvrable these powerboats can be.
- Official RYA accredited powerboat course
- Learn how to safely handle a powerboat at sea
- 2 day course at Brighton Marina
- Courses cover: High speed handling, manoeuvring and essential information on safety and how to use basic equipment
- There is a maximum of three students to one instructor/ boat
- On successful completion of the course you will receive a RYA Level 2 course including ICC (International Certificate of Competence) necessary for owning or hiring a powerboat both in the UK or abroad
- Brighton has full range of accommodation and the operators can give advice on where to stay
- The operator has a floating office and changing facilities in Brighton Marina with showers and toilets
- As the activity is over two days, it is not suitable for spectators to watch, by anyone accompanying the boat driver will have plenty to do in and around Brighton and Hove
- Courses are taught between March and October over two consecutive days (generally weekends) usually 9:40am to 4pm
Minimum Age: 16 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
- You will need to take suitable clothing for the weather, with flat soled shoes which you don't mind getting wet
- Shorts are suitable for summer; tracksuits and sweatshirts for cooler days
- You will be provided with waterproofs and in summer you should wear sunscreen, glasses and a hat
- You will need to bring your own towels
- East Sussex
Other experiences you may like
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
- 1.Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
- 2.Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
- 3.Remaining payments are taken automatically.